Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sometimes my selfishness astounds me

Sometimes, when I'm wallowing in my own petty bullshit, I have to take a step back and think about the meaningful things in my life.  There are things of so much more import out there to care about that sometimes I need to be reminded.



Darius Weems was born with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.  It is the number one, 100% fatal genetic killer of children in the world, and will one day affect his heart and breathing ability.  Funny thing is, at 20, he's led more of a life than most of the people I know.  These guys have devoted themselves to raising money and awareness for DMD and they are my favorite organization.  When I grow up and get a job and make lots and lots of money, I'm giving a boatload of it to them ;).

They made an amazing documentary that will make you laugh and cry.  No seriously, it will make you laugh and cry. 

www.DariusGoesWest.org

P.S. See ladies? Awesome, smart, passionate and intelligent men do exist!

No comments:

Post a Comment