Monday, April 4, 2011

It never rains in California...

Except for on Friday, when I'm getting there.  But that's ok because here it's cold and rainy a lot more than that.

Do you remember that lazy summer feeling when things were just good? You'd wake up and look outside and there was nothing to really weigh you down--no previous judgments or things you said or did to have to compensate for that day.  I'm not sure if it's an age thing or a location thing, or a phase of life thing--but I haven't had that feeling in a long time and I got a wave of it the other day.  I was walking down Avenue A and I passed that grungy ass bar that I've never actually gone into, but that smells like every other grungy ass bar I used to frequent, and the scent of cigarette smoke, wet wooden tabletops and sexy sweaty musicians' unwashed hair was arresting.  For a split second I panicked.  How can I leave this for LA? But then I remembered, Cisco Adler is in LA.

Last summer was very different than any other summer I'd experienced.  I kind of thought I was in a relationship and I kind of acted accordingly.  Ok I'm bordering on the inappropriate internet sharing that I always rag people for.  So that's that.  I had fun, I lost about 15 pounds without really trying and I learned to love fresh food and nix processed garbage, much to my family's dismay.  Afterwards, going back to living at home with a growing 18-year-old boy, was far from conducive to keeping up the new lifestyle, so needless to say, I was less than thrilled with those results.

But I actually am pretty proud of how well I kept up my habits for as long as I did.  It was only when it got really shitty out and I got really sick of the commute, that I pretty much stopped working out.

But back to Cisco Adler, even though his music is kind of poppy and not as gangsta as him and Shwayze think, it reminds me of LA and they represent everything I love about it.  They aren't shy about admitting that it's the simple things in life that make them happy, like little shorts, tight pants (both on them) and long hair (again, them).

Ahhh the boys of summer.  I'll be there soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment