Thursday, June 16, 2011

THE CLEANSE, Day 2 (of 3):"Bacon gettin' freaky wit da cupcake apparatus"

Well, I'm not sure what to say.  I've just watched my 7th episode of "Epic Meal Time", which is basically a bunch of racially confused bros getting drunk and cooking the most delicious shit you can possibly imagine.  I've included YouTube screenshots below (hey, it's like I'm still at work).

Day 2 is down and I've come to realize two things.  One, food is a privilege.  To think that there are people who don't get to experience the ecstasy of a bacon cheeseburger, (or cheese slathered veggie nachos for all you vegetarians), truly saddens me.  I realize now that food should not be abused, taken for granted or consumed simply because it's there.  Doing any of these things is greedy.  And will probably make you fat.

I've also realized that Day 3 of a fast is probably the hump, and I now see why people are able to go like 17 days on the Master Cleanse.  Because once you've gone three--well, shit.  Keep goin! However, I've also come to the conclusion that these people are not Italian.

Although I will honestly say I have not felt hungry ONCE this whole time, I've been plagued by a sort of quiet nagging that says, Sam! Soon you'll be able to eat whateeeever you want.  And you'll have to be really disciplined so you don't undo all your hard work.  And sometimes it says, Sam! Make sure to eat a 1,500 calorie iHop burrito the SECOND this shit is over!

But I know better.  Though a small part of me is excited to be able to eat that stuff again, I also equally crave and look forward to avocado, fluffy lettuce ("Boston" technically, but I call it fluffy), and the prospect of MAKING SUSHI OMGOMGOMG.  I realized that all I need is ahi grade tuna and some seaweed wraps from Whole Foods! ChaCHING playa.

Maybe it's not food I miss, but the thoughts and feelings associated with it.  Any time I'm eating an extra stellar meal, it's usually because I'm out with friends (probably also drinking), rewarding myself for a long day, or preparing to go somewhere and having some alone time.  Either way, I've learned that I don't want to live my life without food as a central tenet--I will always be skewed toward the "live to eat" demo.


So why have I developed a twisted affinity for watching guys make and consume the most greasy food in existence? Not sure.  But it's the next best thing to eating it, and that's good enough for me.

Until tomorrow...








1 comment:

  1. Oh and, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fNbv9QzoQk&feature=relmfu

    ReplyDelete