Monday, June 20, 2011

Classy, Rich & Sweet

So, I think I may have unlocked the secret of life.  Or maybe just the secret to bypassing my midnight snack compulsion, which feels like solving the meaning of life!

Last night, when I got home at about 11pm, I was faced with the same dilemma that greets me after a couple beers and a fun night out.  The refrigerator saying "Merrrmmmmmm...open meeeee".  And every time, I have a mental row about it before finally succumbing, not even truly hungry, to various degrees of snackage, from leftover vegetables (not so bad) to spoonfuls of frosting dipped in a back of chocolate baking chips (bad).  I always feel guilty after this, because I wasn't even hungry to begin with, and also because eating shit right before bed is all around not a great idea.

Well, last night I did the same thing--up until the mental row part.  I decided I would feel significantly better about myself if I abstained from that unnecessary snack, and sure enough, I didn't die of hunger.  Far from it actually.  I did however wake up with a slight hangover after 2 beers and a wine spread out over 4 hours.  What an amateur.

I know I've been exhausting the food topic to death.  So I'll keep this one short.  But mainly I want to own a restaurant some day.  Really actually a bar that serves bangin food.  I know I would be a good bar tender (notice the intentional space there).

It's good to have goals.  I have to say: the thing I've loved most so far about this adventure is not knowing what in hell is coming next.

Until next time...I am in THIS kind of mood: Classy, rich, and sweet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment