Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Recipe of the Week: Healthy Banana Coconut Chocolate Mousse

So this was a recipe from Domino Magazine that I put my own little twist on.  Mainly I made it healthier by lessening the "bad" ingredients.

This is what I did (note my changes):
-2 Bananas
-5 tbsp. coconut oil (buy a jar, it's worth the $11 at Whole Foods--the stuff smells like crack, is healthier and tastes better than butter, and is good for hair and skin...you'll never go back)
-3 tbsp cacao powder (this shit's hella expensive so I just bought vegan carob chips so I wouldn't house the entire bag like I would if I got regular baking chips)
-2 tbsp. Agave nectar (makes it sweet without the crash afterwards)

BLEND!

You can't do this with a cheap blender.  You either need an expensive blender or a food processor.  Cheering the blender on helps too.

Basically what this comes out to is a heavenly concoction of gelato consistency that tastes like banana, coconut and chocolate, but is about a million times healthier than chocolate mousse.  This supposedly yields 2 servings, but that's only if you're a 400 pound reckless diabetic.  It's so rich that I've gone at it for about 7 servings.  You can also put it in the freezer!!!!!!

FOR THE WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment